Hard West 2 Flynn: Best Loadouts, Skills, Cheats & More
Hard West 2 features a diverse cast of playable characters. From gunslingers and cowboys to exorcists and witches. How you use these characters will decide the results of your battles. In today’s guide, we will be discussing Flynn’s skills and cheats in Hard West 2.
Hard West 2 is the latest tactical action shooter developed by Ice Code Games and published by Good Shepherd Entertainment. Hard West 2 is a demonic take on the wild west, filled with grotesque creatures and an intriguing cast of characters.
When you’re not out in the wild hunting ghosts and demons, you can sit and chat with your companions to learn more about the stories. This banter between the companions gives them personality and makes you think of them as much more than just generic RPG characters.
Who is Flynn in Hard West 2
Flynn is an orphan, thief, and witch who has used her dark gifts to survive in the harsh lands of the Hard West. She is an expert in witchcraft and black magic. Flynn’s background remains mostly shrouded in mystery.
You’ll have access to Flynn from the start, alongside Gin Carter and Kestrel Colt.
All card skills for Flynn
Before we dive into the skills of this enigmatic witch, we want to clarify how these skills are equipped. Skills and buffs are added to your character in the form of cards. Cards can be obtained by completing missions in Hard West 2.
Each character in Hard West 2 can hold five cards simultaneously. You get various skills from these cards, depending on the poker hand you form from these cards. The ranking of cards here works the same way as in poker.
The better your hand, the more devastating skills you will receive. So keep completing missions to unlock more cards, which in turn will unlock more of your passive abilities and also allow you to upgrade your active abilities.
It’s a much more refreshing approach to unlocking skills than what we’re normally used to. Now that you know how skills work in Hard West 2, let’s discuss all card skills for Flynn.
Shadow Swap I
Shadow Swap is Flynn’s primary skill. As the name suggests, this skill allows Flynn to use his sorcery to swap positions with enemies or allies. Shadow Swap can be used both to take over vantage points or to bring distant enemies into range.
The catch here is that both you and the character you swapped places with will lose 1 HP.
Ride a horse
- Requirement: Default
- Riding grants you burn/paralysis resistance. At the same time, you also receive a movement bonus and a 25% reduction in the chance of being hit.
Pocket full of fries
- Requirement: Loyalty – Ally
- Pocket Full of Chips gives Flynn a +25 luck bonus when his luck is zero.
- Requirement: Loyalty – Friend
- You receive a target damage multiplier of +1. This will happen while you have Bravado status.
Stroke of luck
- Requirement: Pair
- Lucky Strike increases your target chance by 10% when you have 100 luck points.
Shadow Swap II
- Requirement: two pairs
- An improved version of Shadow Swap. Shadow Swap II removes the skill cooldown and allows you to use Shadow Swap multiple times per turn.
- Requirement: A set
- With this skill unlocked, your shotguns will deal +1 bonus damage.
- Requirement: Right
- Lightfoot will make you immune to paralysis.
Shadow Swap III
- Requirement: Flush
- The final form of Shadow Swap. Unlocking this allows you to inflict a bleeding status on your enemies.
- Requirement: Full house
- Brawler increases your shotgun target chance by 5%.
- Requirement: Square
- Rifleman gives you +1 damage increase when using rifles.
I will not die here
- Requirement: straight flush
- “I Won’t Die Here” gives you Duelist status at the start of the round. This will happen every time one of your allies goes down in battle.
- Requirement: Royal flush
- With Star Low-Key unlocked, you’ll get a “Heads Down” and burn status recovery at the start of your turn.
- Requirement: five of a kind
- Devil’s Luck doubles your chance due to missed shots and shots.
Loading weapons for Flynn
Shotguns and Carbines are our recommended loadout for Flynn. As mentioned above, there are a handful of skills that increase his shotgun and rifle damage. So it’s only natural that you stick to shotguns and rifles while using Flynn in Hard West 2.
Flynn’s Shadow Swap allows him to get close to his enemies, making the shotgun ideal for this situation. Likewise, the same ability can be used to gain heights from where you can shoot enemies, making the rifle an ideal weapon for this situation.
Best strategy and tips for Flynn
To quickly get your hands on the best skills for Flynn, the first thing you need to do is get a pair of twos and unlock Shadow Swap II. Then continue to participate in different missions and get a “Three of a Kind” and “Full House” poker hand to maximize your shotgun damage.
You also need to prioritize the “Straight Flush” combination in order to gain that Duelist status, which can be crucial in turning the tide in your favor. You won’t need the “Royal Flush” or “Five of a Kind” perk until you’re much later in the game, so it’s best to prioritize the perks mentioned above in first.
“Spike” should be your go-to option for card suits, as having those cards on Flynn will give him an extra boost to critical damage when using shotguns at close range. If you use rifles more often than not, you should go with “Diamond” instead. Using diamonds for card suits gives Flynn an advantage when using rifles or long-range handguns.
Shadow Swap is not only Flynn’s best skill, but also one of the most tactically flexible skills in Hard West 2. This skill gives you plenty of room to experiment, and the more you use it , the better your understanding will be.
Below are some tactics you can use with the Shadow Swap ability:
- You can use Shadow Swap to bring Laughing Deer to a group of enemies, allowing him to use his melee prowess to wipe them out.
- Similarly, you can walk towards a group of enemies first and then replace your position with Old Man Bill. Then Bill can unleash his Deadman’s Revenge skill and destroy all nearby enemies.
This concludes our character guide for Flynn in Hard West 2. Let us know what you think of our guide in the comments section below.
NEXT: BEST PS4 Open World Games