- The Team Leader is responsible for strategic business development, revenue generation, improving efficiency, profitability, customer focus and overall business process management and leadership in the region.
Purpose of the position
- Support the Agency & Direct Banking Regional Director in driving the growth and profitability of the Agency Banking and Direct Banking businesses and execute all strategic management objectives/initiatives of these business areas.
- Coordinate, monitor Agency Banking activities and direct the fixed and variable compensation of DSAS within the region for optimal achievement of overall business objectives.
Commercial and financial performance:
- Achieve and exceed set targets for all balance sheet and profit and loss items such as deposits, revenue, fees and commissions, etc. for agency and direct banking businesses.
- Drive key regional retail alliances and partnerships to grow our distribution network through Agency Banking.
- Achieve all defined business ratios such as CASA/deposit ratio, deposit mix, loans/deposits, NPL ratio, cost/income ratio, etc.
- Coordinate direct field sales and agent acquisition as well as nationwide mandated agent monitoring to drive projected transaction volumes and values.
- Identify and drive NTB customer acquisition objective and other key performance indicators in Agency Banking & Direct Banking sub-segments.
- Achieve and exceed product upsell and cross-sell targets for liability products, alternate channel product deal cards for the region.
- Develop and optimize agency channel operating model based on market and growth opportunities.
- Acquire and manage quality agents, merchants and customers on the Ecobank payment platform, based on standard prospect customer documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Implement segment-specific product/service campaigns.
- Ensure that all revenue is correctly captured at the point of transaction for all sales made.
- Conduct regular business performance and profitability reviews for direct sales agents.
- Oversee technology applications that drive agency and direct banking operations.
- Maximize opportunities to positively disrupt the status quo in the market.
- Position branch and direct banking services as the primary driver of customer onboarding, service fulfillment and relationship management.
- Alike to customer needs, proactively seek to provide services to meet those needs.
- Implement proactive failure and enemy checks (including customer engagement) in the region.
- Drive and exceed NPS expectations for the region.
- Collaborate with other units to ensure excellent customer services throughout the region.
Leadership and people management:
- Lead and guide fixed and variable compensation Direct Sales Agents in the Agency and Direct Bank in the region towards the achievement of their respective KPIs.
- Motivate, inspire, coach and mentor direct sales agents.
- Encourage and foster a fun work environment to enable the team to achieve excellence through teamwork and operational efficiency.
- Be a champion of the Ecobank RACE-IT core values in the Region.
Process control and operational performance:
- Ensure full adherence to operational risk and compliance guidelines across the Agency 5 Direct business functions within the region e.g. KYC and anti-money laundering measures.
- Achieve and exceed) a satisfactory minimum audit rating for branch and direct banking services and guide against any likely regulatory infractions/fines.
- Daily/weekly monitoring of the segment’s loan portfolio as part of the development finance department with the region with zero tolerance for detail.
- Quickly communicate default for early warning or loan monitoring for collection where it occurs.
- Coordinate with its stakeholders on the delivery of product innovations.
- Promote high standards of ethics and integrity and establish a culture within the bank that establishes and demonstrates to all staff the importance of controls.
- Ensure that a strong internal control system is in place to minimize operational losses and monitor its adequacy and effectiveness.
- Responsible for regulatory and daily engagement with country compliance on all requirements and deliveries.
- Review and approve requests for access to exclusive agency channels.
- Coordinate and approve operational readiness framework and checklist for branch and direct banking
- Provide market insights (thoughts, insights, ideas, initiatives) that will guide and ensure continued competitive advantage and share of wallet for direct and agency banking businesses.
- Identify market opportunities for new and existing products – Champion the delivery of sales and services to Agency & Direct Banking customers through low cost channels.
- Accompanying customers to digital channels.
Experience & Diplomas:
- Minimum of the first degree.
- A master’s degree or professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years in the banking sector of the FMCG organization, including at least 4 years in sales and management roles.
- Good knowledge of sales management, banking operations, banking products, consumer behavior and customer segmentation.
Skills, abilities and personal qualities:
- A clear understanding of agency and direct banking business and its strategic positioning within Ecobank to achieve indisputable customer leadership.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong credit reporting skills.
- Teamwork/coordination skills.
- Good sales and marketing skills.
- Understanding of the bank branch model.
- Strong interpersonal influencing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proficiency in technology and good knowledge of electronic banking products and platforms.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
And also click on the link to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Ecobank Nigeria at forms.office.com to apply